Re: [opensuse-gnome] Evaluating GNOME related features
  • From: Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 14:33:39 +0100
On 03.12.2010 14:15, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
On Thursday 02 December 2010 18:49:15 Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi Andreas,

Le jeudi 02 décembre 2010, à 15:02 +0100, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
Hi openSUSE GNOME team,

As blogged a couple of days ago (
http://news.opensuse.org/2010/11/30/feature-handling-for-opensuse-rewo
rked/ ), we need some people that evaluate features for our
distribution.

How does your team like to evaluate features? We really like to have
you evaluate your features...

I guess the thing that would help us most is to have an easy to access
report for unreviewed GNOME-related features. And maybe we could have a
weekly mail about that, then.

Any idea how many features this would involve? If it's 5 per week, then
we could quickly discuss them during the meetings. If it's 50 per week,
that's a different story ;-)

It's too early to give real numbers and it depends how could we screen on a
regular base ;)

Let's ask Thomas for help on the technical side,
Andreas

Ok, so reviewing features by the gnome team should start in state 'new'.
All features for 11.4 in state 'new' and tag gnome:
https://features.opensuse.org/query/run?search_string=&tag=gnome&search_products[]=22236&search_products[]=opensuse_dist&type=find&commit=Search
These should be evaluated by you and set to either rejected, duplicate or
marketplace.
Marketplace means that this is a sane feature that is up for graps and
searching for a developer.

There are not many features to be reviewed right now, because the screening
(unconfirmed->new, set tags)
is not reaaly up to speed yet. So you might also want to check the unconfirmed
requests for 11.4:
https://features.opensuse.org/query/run?search_string=&tag=&search_products[]=22236&search_products[]=opensuse_dist&search_status[]=unconfirmed&type=find&commit=Search

I also added the tags as hermes parameters, so you can create notifications and
feeds from features reaching your state.

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)
openSUSE Boosters Team