Re: [opensuse-gnome] Evaluating GNOME related features
  • From: Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 18:06:09 +0000
<snipe>

Banshee is our default since 11.0 atleast, Ever since we had slab
menu, I don't remember seeing any other media player in it. May be for
11.4 GNOME screenshots, as part of announce mail, we can include
Banshee's also (purchasing music from amazon). I believe we may not
need anything more. But do you have any other suggestions ?

Well, since Ubuntu is going to place some lights on it, the best way
to use that into our advantage is maybe to provide a more 'featured'
release, though I don't know how that could become possible, or if
it's already like that.

Any links to info regarding banshee? Something I can compare with the
version that canonical is going to release and then see how we can
take advantage of it.

Another thing I remember would probably be improving GNOME slide on
the Installer slide show to something more objective and accurate. I
have the artwork sources in gitorious for those files, so I can
rewrite them, and they even support pictures :) (and .rtf ? wtf?).

By the way... I would like to suggest one thing for a future release,
maybe on the major... Present the openSUSE GNOME Desktop as 'The
choice of a generation'? Would that sound good?