Re: [opensuse-gnome] Fwd: What is the plan for themes for new gdm? (Offensive Word Found In Message)
  • From: Sam Spilsbury <smspillaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 07:29:41 +0800
The new GDM does things the "right" way by creating a window, using a
window manager, accessibility, battery status, user list, etc.

Unfortunately, because of the complete architectural overhaul, the old
theming engine was removed.

If you want to use themes, you will have to install the legacy GDM.

As for the userlist, I believe that can be disabled with a gconf key
by doing gconf-editor as the gdm user. You'll have to look at the GDM
documentation for that though.

Kind Regards,

Sam