Re: [opensuse-gnome] Warning for G:F users: do not upgrade for a few days
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:52:41 +0200
On 7/20/2010 at 10:49, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le mardi 20 juillet 2010, à 10:39 +0200, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
On Tuesday 20 July 2010 07:59:14 Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,

Dominique has submitted his branch with tons of changes to G:F, and we
will start accepting the changes shortly. I highly recommend that people
using G:F do not upgrade in the next few days unless they really know
what they're doing :-)

It should all still work fine, but since we don't know yet...

Can't you just disable publishing for now?

Well. I don't know. The thing is that I might want to test things to see
how it goes, so I'd need the packages to be published.

In the other hand, breaking my system the week before guadec is
probably one really stupid idea ;-)

Dominique, what do you think?

Hmm.. good point with Guadec, but I have at least 3 systems, one which I can
clearly devote to be destroyed by the new GNOME3 stack :)

So I would need packages published of course too (but I can also use my own
branch for this).

And we might get some brave soul willing to test together with us on the new
stack.

Can we have a 'license' file in the repo stating that this is not meant for
users at this time? We could possibly post a 'warning' like this.

Dominique