Re: [opensuse-gnome] Creation of G:S:2.30
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:32:30 +0200
Hi,

Le lundi 05 juillet 2010, à 18:50 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger a écrit :
I just created G:S:2.30: it's something we should actually have done
earlier, but we were busy. It's currently empty, but I'm attaching a
list of packages from G:F, with three categories:

[...]

Replying to document a few choices:

clutter-gtk is probably a good candidate from the 'maybe' list, considering
that many packages contain a patch to build against this version of
clutter-gtk (0.90 instead of 0.10).
Also, considering the fact that clutter-gtk does follow th SLPP (Share
Library Packaging Policy) it should not be a problem in case any package
requires clutter-gtk-0.10 and we do provide 0.90.

As we needed the new clutter packages, I added them.

Considering that we do update empathy, we might well also consider updating
the telepathy-* stack. Especially protocol extensions might anyhow make
this a requirement once in a while (any reason why you marked them as ignore?
I don't think they are tricky ones to be updated on a system).

I added telepathy-glib (after making sure it's ABI-compatible with the
one on 11.2), but nothing else from the telepathy-stack. We could update
them too, but I'm not convinced it's worth it for 11.2.