Re: [opensuse-gnome] Reviewing the release cycle of openSUSE 11.3 / GNOME Team
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:01:06 +0200
Hey,

Le vendredi 16 juillet 2010, à 17:36 -0600, Stephen Shaw a écrit :
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 16:15, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le vendredi 16 juillet 2010, à 12:57 -0600, Stephen Shaw a écrit :
yeah, what's going on with the booster team?

[...]

Sorry, the goal wasn't to infer that you guys weren't doing anything.
I probably could have worded it better.

(don't be sorry: that's not how I understood your mail! And feedback is
always welcome anyway -- there's always room for improvement)

When you guys started out there were several blog posts and then they
died off. I realize, now, that there is a mailing list.
Unfortunately, a mailing list isn't probably the best medium for the
average user or general public to consume. At the same time, I'm not
expecting a blog post every day.

It would be good to have the community/general public see what cool
things the booster team is up to without having to add yet another
mailing list.

Oh, the mailing list is just useful in case people want to follow things
really closely.

My feeling is that there are actually posts about what's happening
appearing on Planet openSUSE, but you don't see mention of boosters in
there, so maybe the connection between the activity and the team is not
visible in that case? For example, when I go to an event to give a talk
and help with a booth, this is boosting but I don't mention "boosters"
in the post. The various posts explaining the wiki migration were also
not mentioning the team.

And of course, there could be more posts and more communication in
general...