Re: [opensuse-gnome] Reviewing the release cycle of openSUSE 11.3 / GNOME Team
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 17:36:57 -0600
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 16:15, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le vendredi 16 juillet 2010, à 12:57 -0600, Stephen Shaw a écrit :
yeah, what's going on with the booster team?  Seems like it was off to
a good start and then seems to of somewhat died.  Whether that's true
or not, we lost the other gnome guy almost instantly, connect stuff
seems to have fizzed out, and there are no reports.  Not much to go
off of.  If the booster team isn't really dead, it would be nice to
know what going on since they are supposed to be dedicated to the
'community' release. (as far as I understood it).  Plus if the
community doesn't know what the boosters are working on then the
community can't help as much, not to take away from all of the work
that was done in gnome and kde.

Ah, interesting feedback. All boosters are sending weekly reports (see
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-boosters/) and Henne is blogging
every now and then about our activities (see http://blog.hennevogel.de/
for example).

For example, the wiki migration, the new unified theme on the websites,
some good improvements to the build service were all "boosted" by the
boosters (of course, the boosters were not the only ones to work on
that).

I'd love to hear how you think we could communicate better on our
activities -- I'm sure it's far from perfect, and that's an important
area to improve.

FWIW, in my personal case, most of my boosters time is used in the GNOME
Team, or helping people in general and making sure some important
discussions go in the right direction (+ my time I use upstream, of
course). And that leaves nearly no time for new activities :/

Vincent

Sorry, the goal wasn't to infer that you guys weren't doing anything.
I probably could have worded it better.

When you guys started out there were several blog posts and then they
died off. I realize, now, that there is a mailing list.
Unfortunately, a mailing list isn't probably the best medium for the
average user or general public to consume. At the same time, I'm not
expecting a blog post every day.

It would be good to have the community/general public see what cool
things the booster team is up to without having to add yet another
mailing list.

Stephen