Re: [opensuse-gnome] Reviewing the release cycle of openSUSE 11.3 / GNOME Team
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:59:11 +0200
Hi,

Le vendredi 16 juillet 2010, à 11:02 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger a écrit :
Dear openSUSE GNOME interested users / contributors.

openSUSE 11.3 has landed and in a unstoppable effort, development on the next
release has certainly already started.

Yet, we should try to step back for a few minutes, trying to analyze what we
did right in this cycle, what went wrong, what do we want to repeat and
what certainly has to be avoided.

Thanks for starting this discussion.

One thing I think we should improve, imho, is features: we need to
announce earlier the features we'll work on, and we need more people to
work on features. Many of our features were really implemented only at
the last minute, which is not the best thing...

(agree with your comments too, btw)