Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME 2.30 Stable for daily use?
  • From: Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 10:32:28 -0300
Anshul Jain ha scritto:
Hi all,
Is GNOME 2.30 stable enough for daily use? I've been reading on how
GNOME has become snappier and Evolution 2.30 has undergone a lot of
changes for the good :) I'd appreciate some advise on upgrading my
GNOME 2.28 to 2.30.

Regards
Anshul
Hi,

IMHO that depends upon the type of distro release you are using.

I.E. currently 2.30 on openSUSE is still to be considered as UNSTABLE so
you should disregard it if you plan to use GNOME 2.30 for important tasks.

On other hand Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 comes with GNOME 2.30 and in this case
I think the usability and stability is good.

*From an http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ubuntu_releases excerpt:*
*Ubuntu releases are timed to be approximately one month after GNOME*
*releases, which are in turn about one month after releases of X.Org,*
*resulting in each Ubuntu release including a newer version of GNOME*
*and X.*

So I suggest you wait 11.3 final release in order to switch to latest
GNOME, but this is just my humble opinion.

GL,

--
Marco Calistri <amdturion>
It takes immense genius to represent, simply and sincerely, what we