Re: [opensuse-gnome] Starting NetworkManager from Gnome main menu?
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 21:53:31 +0200
Am Fri 21 May 2010 07:54:47 PM CEST schrieb Scott Reeves <sreeves@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Now (tested on M7) the Yast network configuration is called.

Is this intended bahavior? If yes, I'd like to change the manual.

main-menu will only fall back to the YaST network config if it cannot determine that NM is managing the active network connection(s).
Does the tile show an active connection ie "Network: Wired" or "Network: Wireless" or "Network: GSM", ... or does it show "Network: None"

It shows "Network: Wired", which is correct.

I installed from the net (with NIS for user authentification) and ended up
with the traditional method (ifconfig) as expected. Then I switched to
NM using the yast config dialog. A pop-up in the bottom right notification
area confirmed that NM took over successfully.

This happened on standard desktop computer without WLAN hardware. Next
week I can hopefully test it on a laptop.

Thanks for your help,
Karl