Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME Team Meeting
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 22:05:52 -0500
I'm not sure I am convinced of that. Weekends are *very* quiet on IRC
compared to weekdays. I see almost no activity in most of the channels
I log into, except for #suse support channel.

I know that, and it is not good. It should be exactly the opposite.

There is also the challenge that key players on a team won't be able to
make it on weekends because they're off work.

I guess that is the reason for everything being quiet.
When key players are not there, you can't solve anything before Monday anyway.

There is never a perfect formula for the best time, and I would
endorse anyone who wants to attempt to organize a meeting on a
weekend, whether it is -gnome or something else. ...

We have either regional meetings, which will not succeed because almost all
key players are in the Europe, or use one day (24 hours) meetings on a mail
list or even better forums, as they allow moderation. The interface is not
perfect, but it is better then time zone problems.

Bryen

--
Regards Rajko,