Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME Team Meeting
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 09:48:21 +0100
On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 23:19 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:
On Sunday 16 May 2010 19:48:34 Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:

how to get people interested in coming to the meetings.

Make them on Saturday, so that someone that has interest can actually attend
:)

As was mentioned by Bryen the weekends are very quiet on IRC and the
mailing list, but that doesn't mean we can't do something on the
weekend. The chances of me being able to participate are very slim as I
have children etc, but why should that stop the community from taking
part?

Having a meeting time that will suit everyone is never going to happen,
which is why I thought a monthly meet would be better as it gives people
enough time to check the previous meeting log and add their
comments/questions for the next one. I certainly see us having
additional meetings through the month once we start getting more
momentum, just not yet.

I fear that the agenda you've laid out doesn't
address that very well.

I guess that change in agenda can help, but IRC on work days locks out people
that have strict company rules, which is IMO majority.

Corporate firewalls are always an issue, but there are suitable web
frontends available for IRC now.

Regards,

Andy

--