Re: [opensuse-gnome] Re: [obs submit-request 37739] GNOME:Apps/pidgin: declined by MBoman
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 05:40:42 +1000
On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 08:39 -0700, Sandy Armstrong wrote:
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 03 May 2010 15:02:53 mboman@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
State of submit-request #37739 was changed by MBoman:

new -> declined

Comment:
Untested and not approved

Magnus, I tested it myself successfully. ;) What do you mean with not
approved?

Since empathy will be (correct?) the default for 11.3, I'd like to discuss
the
topic with the complete team. What does this mean for moving forward?

As band-aid, we could add something to the release notes to point out to
users
the problems with empathy on Groupwise.

Is there an openSUSE bug filed for this? I have some comments I'd
like to attach regarding various related upstream plans (the first
step of which is not too different from Andreas' patch).

Don't know if there is. We discussed this on IRC and I created the patch
after looking at the code. Feel free to send it upstream and see what
they say. What we really would like to have is an "endorsement" that the
preference key will not be used for anything else in the future, or that
they tell us the name of the key they'd prefer.

Cheers,
Magnus