[opensuse-gnome] Gnome/Gtk-2.0 BLING! (list of surprisingly cool themes)
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:31:26 -0600
Listmates,

Working to sort out why gnome died on my 11.0 install, I stumbled
across some
absolutely killer gtk-2.0 & metacity themes that caught my eye. If you use
gnome, Xfce, etc.., give them a try and I guarantee you, you will be blown away.
They are available at gnome-look or Xfce-look.org sites or by googling the theme
name. Here is the short list:

Abstract-DarkGlow
Aero-ion3.1
Black Plastic V.2
** Blue-Joy
Correcamins
DarkVision
DiMurrineGTK
Dust (Dust Burnt, and the rest of the Dust ... themes)
Elegant Aurora (and the other Elegant....)
Glow Fire (Lava, Flower, Cinder ...)
Harvest
Industrial-Glacier (GONYX, Lighthouse, Charcoal, Zeta, ...)
Moomex
Nova-Blue (Gold, etc...)
Overglossed
Oxygen-Molecule
River
Shifte_Black
ShinyBlack
Silence
** SlicknesS-black
SphereCrystal
Tenebrific-BlueMods
Vision
Xfce-cadmium (many of the Xfce themes also have matching gtk themes)
Zniavre

** (top 2 for me - the rest are a close 3rd)

And the screenshot giving an example of Blue-Joy and SlicknesS-black:

(86k)
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/ss/gnome/gnome-bling.jpg

P.S. also posted to the opensuse-gnome list due to relevance in a rare
cross-post... don't get your knickers in a twist :p

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC