Re: [opensuse-gnome] Some features to implement for 11.3
  • From: Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:39:48 -0200
Vincent Untz ha scritto:
Le jeudi 11 février 2010, à 10:59 -0200, Marco Calistri a écrit :
Vincent Untz ha scritto:
Le jeudi 11 février 2010, à 10:26 -0200, Marco Calistri a écrit :
IMHO1: (without taking away nothing to zypper or Packagekit), the best
package-manager I've seen so far, is the one of Ubuntu, it is
straightforward and looks very stable and reliable

We're really not talking about package manager here, but about how to
install codecs :-) Improving the package manager is another discussion,
and it's something we can discuss (I agree we don't have the best
user experience there), but let's not mix the two topics.

Sorry Vincent: I am reading the ML at work and I was very in hurry, I
didn't paid enough attention to the topic; my sincere apologies!!

That's fine :-) And improving the package manager is definitely
something we should work on...

[...]

IMHO2 Yast2, without qt support, is very crude; if you plan to remove
this library support, then you should think to improve Yast2 interface
for Gnome

Can you tell us the issues you see so that people can look at them? :-)

Vincent

This is not matter of issues Vincent, but I remember to have switched to
yast2--qt since my very first use of opensuse (if I am not wrong, since
openSUSE 10.3) due the fact that yast2--default, has not the same
flexibility as qt flavour(IMHHO) :-)

Well, I believe this has changed quite a bit since 10.3 ;-) But
seriously, it's hard to improve the gtk+ interface without knowing
what's wrong. Can you try to use it again for a bit?

Vincent

Sincerely, I never found nothing wrong on gtk+ interface, but I remember
it was not so rich in options and nice in look, as the qt version.
I promise: I will try to use it again. ;-)

Cheers,

Marco