Re: [opensuse-gnome] Some features to implement for 11.3
  • From: Marco Calistri <marco.calistri@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:59:57 -0200
Vincent Untz ha scritto:
Le jeudi 11 février 2010, à 10:26 -0200, Marco Calistri a écrit :
Luis Medinas ha scritto:
On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 15:38 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:

Note that this list doesn't contain any very ambitious goal, and I'd
love if people would want to work on such goals (like improving the
login performance, or really solving the "install codecs in a legal way"
issue). So we can discuss other goals too :-)

I think this should be interesting to do on Packagekit but it might be
not an easy task.

IMHO1: (without taking away nothing to zypper or Packagekit), the best
package-manager I've seen so far, is the one of Ubuntu, it is
straightforward and looks very stable and reliable

We're really not talking about package manager here, but about how to
install codecs :-) Improving the package manager is another discussion,
and it's something we can discuss (I agree we don't have the best
user experience there), but let's not mix the two topics.

Sorry Vincent: I am reading the ML at work and I was very in hurry, I
didn't paid enough attention to the topic; my sincere apologies!!

GNOME LiveCD: look if we can remove qt
https://features.opensuse.org/308826
=> I had taken a look at this for 11.2, but this wasn't possible at
that time. It should be doable for 11.3, though. The first part is
some analysis that anybody can do by just launching the livecd. I
can help people start if needed.

Why qt is needed after all ? If it's because of Sax it's going to be
removed so qt shouldn't be installed anymore.

IMHO2 Yast2, without qt support, is very crude; if you plan to remove
this library support, then you should think to improve Yast2 interface
for Gnome

Can you tell us the issues you see so that people can look at them? :-)

Vincent

This is not matter of issues Vincent, but I remember to have switched to
yast2--qt since my very first use of opensuse (if I am not wrong, since
openSUSE 10.3) due the fact that yast2--default, has not the same
flexibility as qt flavour(IMHHO) :-)

Marco