Re: [opensuse-gnome] empathy: Protocol support
  • From: Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 09:45:17 +0100
Moin AJ,

2009/9/1 Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Hearing that you discussed to use empathy as default IM client and not pidgin,
I tried to use empathy and it offered me to import my accounts from pidgin
(great idea but it did not really important everything) - but nothing worked
afterwards.  empathy did not connect for me to AIM, Groupwise, ICQ or
Googletalk.

I just did a simple "zypper in empathy".  Does empathy support my accounts at
all?  If I manually go to "Add..", it only offers Jabber, Salut and Google
Talk...

What do I miss?
Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, aj@{novell.com,opensuse.org}
   Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

To get the full protocol support in empathy you need to ensure you
have telepathy-haze installed. I have a feeling this is an issue with
the spec file not pulling it in as a dep.

Regards,

Andy

--
Andrew Wafaa, openSUSE Member: FunkyPenguin