Re: [opensuse-gnome] VOTE: Firefox Beagle Plugin - Urgent
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 01:34:04 +1000
Bryen,

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 10:23 -0500, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 01:09 +1000, Magnus Boman wrote:
I'm sure we have an off-topic ML somewhere... Please send your emails
there in the future :-)

How long have you been waiting to use that line? :-)

Hrm... 2 years? 3 years? ;-)

But more seriously, if you don't have an opinion or if you are
neutral,
it is ok and understandable. I still like to see how the Yay/Nay
sayers
vote and make the decision from there unless we have some really
strong
objections against that?

That's precisely my point. A simple yay/nay doesn't really tell the
story. I've now seen votes on both sides and frankly, it doesn't mean
anything to me because I have no clue why people voted for or against.
Surely, we're better than that and make informed decisions about what
our defaults will be when ultimately delivered to our users than that.

I don't think we should force people to say why or why not they want the
plugin. If we would ask, then it should be an anonymous vote on some
independent website. So please, let's keep it simple so that people can
just say yay/nay? If we don't install it by default, it is as easy as
1-2-3 to install, and if we do install it by default, the same
simplicity applied to get rid of it.

Cheers,
Magnus