Re: [opensuse-gnome] VOTE: Firefox Beagle Plugin - Urgent
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 01:09:12 +1000
Bryen,

On Mon, 2009-08-31 at 09:59 -0500, Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 00:19 +1000, Magnus Boman wrote:
Hi all,

When we do a default GNOME install, we will also get a Firefox plugin
for beagle to index the online history. I like to know if people want
this to be automatically installed or not.

So, can you please reply to the list (ctrl+l in evolution) and let us
know if this firefox plugin should be installed by default or not.

[ ] Install by default
[ ] Do not install by default

I wonder if there should be another option "Installed but disabled"?
I actually have mine installed but I always disable the plugin. I'd be
more interested in hearing about use cases as to whether this plugin
(not a referendum on Beable itself!) is useful or not.

Until then, I don't think I can make a fair and judicious vote on the
matter. I disable it but that doesn't mean I have given it a fair
observation of how it is used. And I'd rather vote for how it benefits
users at large, not whether I have a personal opinion/preference on my
own desktop and a knee-jerk reaction everytime I see the word "Beagle."

I'm sure we have an off-topic ML somewhere... Please send your emails
there in the future :-)

But more seriously, if you don't have an opinion or if you are neutral,
it is ok and understandable. I still like to see how the Yay/Nay sayers
vote and make the decision from there unless we have some really strong
objections against that?

Cheers,
Magnus