Re: [opensuse-gnome] Monsoon/Transmission, Pidgin/Empathy, Gwibber, etc.
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 02:51:04 +0200
Le lundi 10 août 2009, à 21:02 +0200, Bjørn Lie a écrit :
Transmission patched and submitted for review from GNOME:Factory
maintainers

I have some concerns with this patch:

+ I'm not sure the wording is the best wording possible
- "Notice for first-time users" => maybe s/Notice/Note/
- s/peoples/people/
- it feels honestly a bit aggressive :/

+ I wouldn't do that with a dialog. I would use the new GtkInfoBar
stuff to not force people to interact with the dialog. This way you
could even add a button "Learn more" opening some text in a dialog or
a web page, that would be well-written (and translated). Limiting
ourselves to two short sentences feels weird.

+ this adds a very visible string. And we'll have no translations.

Is this option that important to push something like this now?

(on the submission itself: you have some weird spacing in your Patch1
line, and the new requires is not needed, as far as I know :-))