Re: [opensuse-gnome] Space on the Live CD
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 15:09:00 +1000
Kevin,

On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 22:56 -0500, Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy wrote:
On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 10:44 +1000, Magnus Boman wrote:
I have not tried it, but if we replace pidgin with empathy, how is
empathy as an IRC client? Perhaps we could get rid of xchat all together
if we go ahead.

I know this discussion has occurred before, but why do we ship both
X-Chat and Pidgin, seeing as Pidgin does IRC. I use it as my IRC client
daily, though I seem to remember some folks not liking it as much.

We would still ship both on the DVD (or online repos). It's more about
what should be default, and at the end of the day, we could skip to ship
the non-default on the LiveCD.

Cheers,
Magnus