Re: [opensuse-gnome] Monsoon/Transmission, Pidgin/Empathy, Gwibber, etc.
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 17:04:30 -0500
On Sat, 2009-08-08 at 23:58 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le samedi 08 août 2009, à 16:43 -0500, Bryen M Yunashko a écrit :
But, in reality, I switched back to Pidgin after about 2 weeks because
I couldn't find it usable and couldn't even tell when people were
communicating with me (no flashing icon in notify tray) etc.

Heh. Are you using a window list? If yes, the window should be blinking
in the window list. Else, you might want to look at the great new
wnck-urgency-monitor application: it will put an icon in the
notification area when a window requires your attention.

It changed my life. (I had the same issue as you have with empathy,
fwiw, since I don't use a window list)

Vincent

I don't use a window list either. It's just too space-consuming on my
precious tiny 24" monitor. :-) I use Window selector. But will give
wnck-urgency-monitor a try.

Therein lies an issue. You *have* know know of the existence of that
app, whereas Pidgin didn't require it.

But besides that, that was merely the most excruciatingly memorable
issue. There were a few others but I don't remember them at the moment.