Re: [opensuse-gnome] Monsoon/Transmission, Pidgin/Empathy, Gwibber, etc.
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:58:41 +0200
Le samedi 08 août 2009, à 16:43 -0500, Bryen M Yunashko a écrit :
But, in reality, I switched back to Pidgin after about 2 weeks because
I couldn't find it usable and couldn't even tell when people were
communicating with me (no flashing icon in notify tray) etc.

Heh. Are you using a window list? If yes, the window should be blinking
in the window list. Else, you might want to look at the great new
wnck-urgency-monitor application: it will put an icon in the
notification area when a window requires your attention.

It changed my life. (I had the same issue as you have with empathy,
fwiw, since I don't use a window list)