Re: [opensuse-gnome] Switching to empathy as default IM client?
On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 16:00 +0200, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 6/17/2009 at 15:21, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to discuss using empathy as the default IM client again :-)
Last time, we didn't make the switch because it was not totally ready.
But lots of work has happened in the meantime and empathy has some cool
new features:
Limitations that were blocking this in the past were:

+ file transfer (implemented now)
+ a bit buggy (should work fine now)
+ (?)

You motivated me to test it again... so
$ sudo zypper in empathy

$ empathy
I also got motivated and installed it, played a little bit but seems
that some features are missing: I just can't add an IRC account even
when the import dialog lists my Pidgin's IRC accounts, and the Import
dialog isn't working or something because clicking OK does nothing.

Empathy looks like a nice IM client but testing a little bit before
using it as default client would not hurt.

Best
- Mario