[opensuse-gnome] Switching to empathy as default IM client?
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:21:19 +0200
Hi,

I'd like to discuss using empathy as the default IM client again :-)
Last time, we didn't make the switch because it was not totally ready.
But lots of work has happened in the meantime and empathy has some cool
new features:

+ VoIP that's working
+ geolocalisation support (not yet in G:F, need to package a few things
first, but will be ready soon)
+ support for adium themes
+ desktop sharing: you'll be able to share your desktop with your
empathy contacts!

Limitations that were blocking this in the past were:

+ file transfer (implemented now)
+ a bit buggy (should work fine now)
+ (?)

I'm not aware of any real downside. Opinions?