Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME status (30/04/2009)
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:40:59 -0600
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

It seems the call for volunteers for mentioning bugs works fine: someone
mentioned a bug and it got fixed ;-)

More seriously, I'd love to see a bug section in the status mail where
we'd have some stats about the current number of bugs, and some
information about the new bugs that have been opened. And I need help to
do that.

G:F
===

A couple of things worth to mention this week:

 + the long-standing bundle-lang-gnome build issue on 11.1 (that was
  also affecting G:S:2.26) got fixed.
 + ekiga (and ptlib/opal) are now maintained in G:F. I've updated them
  to the latest upstream version. And I can see right now that opal
  failed to build on 11.1 ;-)
 + fate#305318 is now implemented. This means that we should lose a good
  bunch of rpmlint warnings about gconf schemas files being in /etc.
  This lead to a few build failures, but I think I fixed all of them.
 + some minor version updates, bug fixes, package cleanups...

Note that next week we will see GNOME 2.27.1, which means quite some
packages to update. Are you ready for this? :-)

Things are building right now, but I think we have two build issues:

 + beagle-index:
  - for Factory, it's still because xorg-x11-Xvnc is not there, but it
    should come back
  - for 11.1, we have "nothing provides gtksourceview-lang = 2.4.0
    needed by gtksourceview". Not quite sure why this is happening, but
    it should be fixable.

 + opal on 11.1, as already mentioned. We need a patch to make the code
  less ambiguous, apparently.

Packages to update:

 + NetworkManager stack/PulseAudio stack: someone tried to update NM and
  quickly gave up. I think we really need Tambet and Scott here.

I started on the network manager, but there are tons of changes to the
code. Since I didn't write modem-manager I'd feel a lot more
comfortable leaving this to Tambet. I'd be will to help out still,
but I'd at the very least need to talk/work with Tambet on it.

Stephen