Re: [opensuse-gnome] G:F might get unstable...
  • From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:56:55 -0600
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 5:56 AM, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

This is a warning for everybody using G:F, especially the people using
G:F to get GNOME 2.26 on 11.1 (in which case you should really just use
G:S:2.26).

I'm about to do some changes in gconf2 to implement the fate entry about
moving gconf .schemas files to /usr (instead of /etc) [1]. It should
work fine, but, well, to be sure it works, we need some testing and G:F
is the best place for this.

So, two things:

 + if you use G:F to have stable GNOME, you should not use G:F :-)
 + if you use G:F to help testing latest GNOME, please tell us about any
  potential weird gconf-related bug you see in the next few days.

Vincent

A *lot* of my keyboard shortcuts got screwed up. Alt-F2 doesn't work
anymore, some of the listed shortcuts in Keyboard Shortcuts are listed
as <Unknown Action> Disabled. Also there is at least one key that
isn't working on my mac keyboard that was before. The Fn key which
gives me all of my media and other alternate F# keys actions.

I'm not sure if this is related or not.
gconf2-2.26.0-26.3 (from G:F)

Stephen