Re: [opensuse-gnome] Making G:S:2.26 a bit more maintainable
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:41:27 +1000
On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 16:59 +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
Vincent Untz wrote:

At the moment, G:S:2.26 contains all the packages we have in G:F. I
propose that we only keep there the packages for modules that follow the
GNOME release cycle (and potential dependencies). This means we'd have a
subset of the packages that live in G:F.

I fully agree. You have just to think whether GTK+ should have a
separate repository or not.

What would be the reason to put GTK+ in a separate repository?

If people like the idea, we can probably start by listing packages where
the rdiff between openSUSE:11.1 and G:S:2.26 is empty.

And reversely packages with version 2.26.x will become a part of G:S
automatically.

I propose to move the rest to GNOME:APPLICATIONS or something similar.
In difference to GNOME:Community it would be uses as a base for Factory.

Do you mean something like GNOME:Apps:2.26, GNOME:Apps:2.28 etc?

Cheers,
Magnus