[opensuse-gnome] Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: create multimedia:libs and move media libs and GStreamer primary Factory development
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:05:40 +0200
Takashi Iwai wrote:
At Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:29:58 +0200,
Stanislav Brabec wrote:

Hallo.

It would be nice to have a central place for multimedia libraries and
codecs.

What is the definition of the "multimedia" libs and codecs?

It depends. I am thinking at least about audio format libraries, video
format libraries, GStreamer, AV container parser libraries, audio/video
tag libraries.

But I can imagine including of image format libraries, image tag
libraries or even packages like babl and gegl into one central place.

In this case. multimedia:photo would be based on this repo.

I'm for a central place, and willing to move packages I'm maintaining
in multimedia:audio and Factory to there. Just want to be sure...

What's your opinion? audio+video+image or audio+video and images
elsewhere?

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec