Re: [opensuse-gnome] Make gnome-main-menu pluginable
  • From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 21:07:27 -0500
On Thu, 2009-04-16 at 13:30 -0600, David Liang wrote:

I read articals and bugs about recently used files,
the requirements were quit different:
recently meeting, recently appointment, recently saved files.
I have my own requirement and I guess some developers have the
same one: recently bugs. hehe

Hi, David, nice to read you here :)

I think you'll be interested to look at the gnome-zeitgeist project.
Seif Lotfy, Natan Yellin and others have been coding the idea that I
presented during the last GUADEC, about having a "journal" showing your
most recent stuff:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeZeitgeist

That page is a bit outdated, but feel free to hang around the
#gnome-zeitgeist channel in irc.gnome.org - Seif and Natan are quite
responsive there.

[To *really* answer your question --- I don't think it's worthwhile to
extend gnome-main-menu at this point. We should rather look into
"big-picture" things like gnome-shell and gnome-zeitgeist...]

Federico