Re: [opensuse-gnome] Default torrentclient in Gnome
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 09:24:47 +1100
On Sat, 2009-03-21 at 22:19 +0100, Bjørn Lie wrote:
We've had Monsoon as the default torrent client for some releases now,
and as far as I can tell it's not been a great success.

Not much has happend upstream, and no other distros (that I know of) has
made monsoon their client too.

I propose we reopen the default torrent client discussion again, just to
see what the general opinion is.

I've personally tried to use it, but never felt comfortable with it.
Normally ending up in me installing Transmission or Azureus.

What do you all think?

To be honest, I don't use torrent at all, but, I don't oppose changing
to something that is more active than moonson (which doesn't seem to be
developed much)

Cheers,
Magnus