Re: [opensuse-gnome] What is the top 5 things that should be fixed/improved for GNOME in openSUSE 11.2?
  • From: Bryen <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:33:30 -0500
On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 16:32 +0530, Atri wrote:
3. Improve the Alt+F2 responsiveness. The launcher is very
unresponsive
when started up.

+1 on this one. I've completely abandoned using Alt+F2 in favor of the
Command Line applet. What I've noticed is that upon fresh install, Alt
+F2 works wonderfully with almost instant pop-up. But after a few weeks
of use, it degrades to the point of being quite unbearable. (Presumably
after adding more and more apps that the system has to scan a larger set
of desktop.files than after installation.)

I'm sure the slowness of Application Browser and Alt+F2 are related.
(Nautilus?)
--
Bryen Yunashko
openSUSE Board Member