Re: [opensuse-gnome] What is the top 5 things that should be fixed/improved for GNOME in openSUSE 11.2?
  • From: Nagappan A <nagappan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:06:56 -0700
Hello Magnus,

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 6:19 AM, Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Naggapan,

Fair suggestion. My only thing then is, what apps do one expect to have
installed? And what apps do you think we're missing from either the
GNOME repo and/or Contrib?

We have openSUSE build service, that's really awesome and other
repositories mentioned over here
http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories,
http://en.opensuse.org/Package_Repositories

I have some end user scenario: Now in gnome itself, we have 2
repositories available (stable and contrib) listed in the above link.
If the user wants to add some other package, which exist in another
repository, then that also has to be added explicitly by the user to
the list of repositories, correct ? If something works out of the box
with just adding one repository will be good. Take a case of Ubuntu,
most of the time just regular repository should be fine. In some
cases, you may need to add just (max) 1 external repository. That ease
the process for end users.

Thanks
Nagappan

Cheers,