Re: [opensuse-gnome] What is the top 5 things that should be fixed/improved for GNOME in openSUSE 11.2?
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 00:19:44 +1100
Naggapan,

Fair suggestion. My only thing then is, what apps do one expect to have
installed? And what apps do you think we're missing from either the
GNOME repo and/or Contrib?

Cheers,
Magnus

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 03:29 -0700, Nagappan A wrote:
Hello Magnus,

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello,

Since we have 8 months before the 11.2 release, would it be possible to
compile a list with the top 5 most annoying things in GNOME/openSUSE and
try to fix them? We obviously need to be realistic about these goals.
Issues might include stuff like, "Panel should be at the top of the
screen", "We should use the default GNOME menu", "Tomboy should not be
started by default" etc? Other annoying things might not be as simple as
I just mentioned but, you get the idea...

It will be nice to have just one repository for all gnome applications
to the end user, apart from the one available default with openSUSE.
Say something like Contrib repository. This repository should have
multi-media or any package that gnome user is interested in.

Thanks
Nagappan

Also, please don't include PA in this discussion... It's being
discussed/fixed elsewhere :-)

Cheers,
Magnus

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project - http://ldtp.freedesktop.org