Re: [opensuse-gnome] What is the top 5 things that should be fixed/improved for GNOME in openSUSE 11.2?
  • From: Atri <badshah400@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:32:20 +0530
On Friday 13 March 2009 05:02:03 Magnus Boman wrote:
Hello,

Since we have 8 months before the 11.2 release, would it be possible to
compile a list with the top 5 most annoying things in GNOME/openSUSE
and
try to fix them? We obviously need to be realistic about these goals.
Issues might include stuff like, "Panel should be at the top of the
screen", "We should use the default GNOME menu", "Tomboy should not
be
started by default" etc? Other annoying things might not be as simple as
I just mentioned but, you get the idea...

Also, please don't include PA in this discussion... It's being
discussed/fixed elsewhere :-)

Cheers,
Magnus
The gnome-main-menu (SLAB) is quite a nice part of openSUSE's gnome in
my opinion. However a few things relating to the menu are quite annoying:-
1. No way to clear recently used documents
2. Load up time of application-browser is still not as good (this does keep
improving with every release though) as the default pop-up upstream gnome
menu. This should be looked into very seriously as the menu is one of
openSUSE's most distinctive addition to gnome.

Other suggestions:-
3. Improve the Alt+F2 responsiveness. The launcher is very unresponsive
when started up.
4. General look, appeal, etc. It might be useful to have a new icon theme, for
example (I have nothing against the present icons, but it might do to add
some freshness to the gnome desktop), and add some eye-candy to panel
as well.
--
Atri