[opensuse-gnome] GNOME:Factory status
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:13:11 +0100
Hey all,

Quick status update about GNOME:Factory:

+ G:F has GNOME 2.25.92

+ it's nearly up-to-date wrt upstream versions. There are 18 packages
for which we are late:
- 2 already submitted packages (pidgin, gnome-bluetooth), needing a
review
- 1 package blocking on the gnome-bluetooth update
(gnome-phone-manager)
- 5 reserved packages (gnome-icon-theme, gnome-packagekit, gthumb,
ldtp, sound-juicer)
- 2 packages that I think we should just drop (g-wrap, libmcs)
- gobby which is hard. There's actually an update available in
another project (see bug #473320), so if someone can look at it,
that'd be great
- NetworkManager and NetworkManager-gnome that, I think, most people
just leave to Tambet. But Tambet welcomes help here :-) There are
many patches (most of them are upstream now), so it might be
difficult.
- gstreamer-0_10-plugins-farsight which is weird because we have to
patch the tarball. I know it stopped me from updating it...
- gnome-power-manager, gnucash, nautilus, qtcurve-gtk2: all waiting
for an update. I will actually do nautilus and qtcurve-gtk2 right
now ;-)

+ everything builds fine (and should install fine) on both 11.1 and
Factory, except:
- evolution-sharp: doesn't build because eds is too recent. We need
a new upstream version, or a small patch (that should be trivial)
- beagle-index: doesn't build on factory because the Xvnc has been
disabled at the moment in factory

+ I pushed everything (125 updated packages) to openSUSE:Factory a few
minutes ago

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.