Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME:Factory / GNOME:Factory:Next / GNOME:Stable / GNOME:Unstable etc etc
  • From: Suman Manjunath <msuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:12:13 +0530
On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 14:23 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
1. Should we copy all packages from G:F to a GNOME:Stable (I think we
have a G:S but don't know the state of it. We might want to start from
scratch here) and then update to 2.24.3

might be a good idea, I guess

+1

2. For each GNOME . release (2.25.4, 2.25.5 etc), should we do a
complete update in G:F:N and then later merge them to G:F (Makes it
possible to use G:F as a 'stable development' branch)

I think G:F:N is good for doing the 1st mass update for a new version,
so that we don't break G:F, but once we have the unstable in G:F, I
guess we can just update there, and have G:F:N be just a link to G:F, so
that packages get built for 11.1

Most packages submitted to G:F:N are typically built once in a personal
repo somewhere (I hope :-) ). So there probably is no need for G:F:N to
be a test bed for the next update to G:F.

3. Should we not do 2 and instead move G:F:N to GNOME:Unstable (again, I
think we have G:U and again, perhaps we want to start from scratch)

G:U is mostly dead, so the question is just if we want to rename G:F:N
to G:U.

true :-)

-Suman