Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME:Factory / GNOME:Factory:Next / GNOME:Stable / GNOME:Unstable etc etc
  • From: "Luis Medinas" <lmedinas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 04:59:33 +0000
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 14:23 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 08:05 +1100, Magnus Boman wrote:
Hello,

Just a quick note that we need to discuss our repos...

We have been updating latest GNOME in GNOME:Factory:Next (G:F:N) for a
while now. We need to merge these changes into GNOME:Factory (G:F).

My questions;

1. Should we copy all packages from G:F to a GNOME:Stable (I think we
have a G:S but don't know the state of it. We might want to start from
scratch here) and then update to 2.24.3

might be a good idea, I guess

Yes having a G:S makes sense, it's easy to update and might contain
some important
bugfixes. Also integrate some fixes would be interesting, since it
should be faster to get things done
than pushing to updates.

2. For each GNOME . release (2.25.4, 2.25.5 etc), should we do a
complete update in G:F:N and then later merge them to G:F (Makes it
possible to use G:F as a 'stable development' branch)

I think G:F:N is good for doing the 1st mass update for a new version,
so that we don't break G:F, but once we have the unstable in G:F, I
guess we can just update there, and have G:F:N be just a link to G:F, so
that packages get built for 11.1

G:F already builds for 11.1 so no need to keep G:F:N around for that. I
still think it'd be a good idea to do the updates in G:U and then merge
with G:F as it would allow us to create LiveCD's after each dot release
from G:F.

I agree with this too, it's another good way to have more packaging quality.

Luis