Re: [opensuse-gnome] Moving packages from G:F to G:C/Contrib
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:55:48 +1100
On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 13:16 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Thu, 2008-11-13 at 10:42 +1000, Magnus Boman wrote:
On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 23:44 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le mardi 04 novembre 2008, à 23:01 +0100, Vincent Untz a écrit :
Hi,

Since I'm waiting doing nothing, I'm looking at the list of packages in
G:F and starting to look at what we could move to G:C (the goal being to
have them in Contrib) -- or drop them.

The criterias I used to create this list are something like:
+ is the project still alive upstream?
+ is it useful for that many people?

For those wondering, I can see a Novell reason to move stuff (I guess it
means less things to support for Novell), but also a reason for the
community (less rules, so faster action possible).

So, list of stuff:

No more feedback?
I'm currently wondering whether to wait when 11.2 development opens up
or to do some of this now.

Please take a few minutes to think about it so we can decide at
tomorrow's meeting :-)

It seems as if nobody have any issues with moving the packages you
listed, out of G:F and the main distribution so... Why not move them all
to G:C to start with, then let people use the voting thing to determine
if they are actually used? Another way would be if we can get download
stats for the packages and use that instead.

yes, that sounds good, let's move them to G:C and review case by case
(based on whatever) what to move to Contrib

Any opinions on this? If not, I say we just move them in a couple of
days.

Cheers,
Magnus