[opensuse-gnome] Unfinished business...(?!)
  • From: Magnus Boman <captain.magnus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 18:05:29 +1000
Hello all,

This email is a bit of a rant, which may (will) contain some factual
errors, but it is an honest email, and any help on would be much
appreciated :-)

I just had a quick read back with regards to more or less important
emails we send to this list and it seems that we're good at starting
things, but not so good at finishing them...

Some things come up more than once, but no decision (or progress) seem
to be made, or at least none that is actually announced back to the list
(and some are "completely forgotten"/"lagging");

A few topics;
=============
G:C - Contrib
Cleaning up the menus
Dropping packages
GNOME WIKI Update
GNOME 2.24, One Click Update
11.1 Feature Review
Keeping/Removing greeter

We also seem to "forget" topics that we have talked about, due to people
being responsible for those topics either didn't come along anymore, or
they got busy with other things (discuss next IRC meeting topic etc).

So... Regardless of "factual errors" above, I think we do need a way to
track "issues" that are brought up.

In the past, we tried to use both the WIKI and RTM, but neither of them
worked due to either the admin overhead, or the fact that people must
sign up and check one more site for stuff...

My question is, what should/could we do to keep track of
issues/suggestions/improvements etc so that 1) it's always kept
up-to-date and 2) we can ensure that it's followed through...

Sorry for the rant but... Currently sitting in "QLD - The sunshine state
in Australia" and it's raining :-)

Cheers,
Magnus