Re: [opensuse-gnome] Removing a few application launchers
On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 01:15 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,

Looking at the my applications menu (or at the application browser), I
can see many items which are just cluttering the whole thing.

I just installed beta4 and found a few more launchers which could/should
be removed:

- xterm: we already have gnome-terminal by default. Seems like xterm is
pulled in as a dependency of some other package... perhaps disable it
for gnome (NotShowIn=gnome or what the key is called?)

- Chainsaw & LogFactor5: some logging (?) tools, no idea why they are
even installed by default. First time I see them.

- "Service pack creator". Looks like a PackageKit app. Not useful for
most users I think. Perhaps split this out from the other PackageKit
apps and not install it by default?

Cheers,
-Michael