Re: [opensuse-gnome] Removing a few application launchers
On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 01:15 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
+ remove a few evolution items:
- agenda
- address book
- task list
We can keep "Mail and Calendar" in Office and probably "Mail" in
Internet. Although I'd love to keep only the first one...

Sounds good. I think perhaps we should just split the difference and
keep both Mail in Internet and Main & Calendar in Office.

+ remove eye of GNOME? Do people really manually start eog? It's a bit
like evince, which doesn't appear in the menu...

I didn't know what eog was until I manually started it, so I'd say a
launcher isn't needed ;-)

+ remove most of the pulseaudio launchers. They're mostly confusing. It
might make sense to keep the PA preferences.
We also need to hide the launcher for the standard volume control app
if we use the pulseaudio one.
I'm actually wondering if we need to keep the launcher for volume
control since the way to access this should be the applet.

Eliminating all the PulseAudio launchers and volume control sounds good
to me, no need to be cluttering up the menus if there's another, easier
way to access them (unless someone else can think of a reason this is a
necessity).

+ we have lots of control center stuff appearing in System and
Utilities. We should fix this, I guess.

This has been a problem since openSUSE 10.2, so fixing this would be
awesome :-).
--
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy - openSUSE Member
Public Mail: <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>