Re: [opensuse-gnome] Dropping ntfs-config?
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 02:56:44 +0100
Le lundi 03 novembre 2008, à 01:46 +0000, Luis Medinas a écrit :
On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 02:42 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Hi,

Are there some ntfs-config users out there? It seems to me like it's not
really useful anymore since the goal of this small app is to let the
user choose if he wants to use ntfs-3g for ntfs. But with the recent
changes in the ntfs-3g package, I believe ntfs-3g will *always* be used.

Can any ntfs user confirm this to me?

Imo the goal of this application is to get a "easy" way to mount ntfs
volumes using ntfs-3g so i say this is a very cool application for
begginers.

Well, ntfs-3g should be used now anyway when you mount ntfs (even when
calling mount on the command line). Are you saying ntfs-config makes it
easy to mount ntfs volumes, or to use ntfs-3g for ntfs volumes? If the
latter, there's no use case anymore. If the former, I'm not quite sure
how it's helpful -- but I didn't really use it...