Re: [opensuse-gnome] Timeshift discussion
  • From: Hans Petter Jansson <hpj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 00:39:59 -0500
On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 23:16 -0500, Bryen wrote:

Option 2) Create new timeshift for 23:00 UTC. This seems to get the
widest support globally. However, India (Our beloved Evo team) would be
left out. I discussed with Srag, and they were unable to attend the old
timeshift meeting anyway and for them regular time meetings are best.
They said they would be comfortable with missing a timeshift meeting.

FYI: 23:00 UTC = 6 p.m. for you folks in the U.S. Midwest and Mexico,
and late evening (after Rodrigo's television shows) in Europe and 9 a.m.
in Sydney, land of the Magnus.

Your thoughts and comments please!

I'm in favor of option 2. I think the trick is to find a time where as
many non-US parts of the world can join in as possible, without
precluding the US, where most of our current and most active
contributors are. I think it's unrealistic to expect productive meetings
without the US contingent right now.

You may have found the best time possible - though I wonder if it might
conflict with commute/dinner for many americans. IMO, it'd still be an
improvement, though.

--
Hans Petter