Re: [opensuse-gnome] GNOME 2.24
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 14:33:30 +0200
On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 11:12 +0100, Andrew Wafaa wrote:
Now that the latest and greatest has emerged from the garden shed, I
have been asked by a couple of people if GNOME is going to have a
1-click available for users that have no regard for sanity to upgrade
to this fine specimen.

I have added the topic to the agenda for today's meeting, but I would
appreciate some help/advice in getting this done. I have told people
it will take possibly a week for me to do it (hopefully I can meet this
self imposed deadline).

Decriptor has kind of volunteered to help out, but one of the key
things I think I need is the package list/pattern for a GNOME
install/upgrade.

not sure if it'd work, but maybe you can just add a openSUSE_11.0 target
in GNOME:Factory and build that? Or create a repo that just links to G:F
and any other needed package (from openSUSE:Factory, like PolicyKit,
PackageKit, etc)
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>