Re: [Evolution-hackers] [opensuse-gnome] Evolution 2.22 for Factory
  • From: Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:20:53 +0100

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 00:47 -0500, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:
Wouldn't it be possible to use a different directory, e.g.
"mail/local-index/folders.db"? That would avoid both problems.

That seems like a great idea to me; at least - if the 'hot' data set of
evolution is normally just the summary information, then keeping that in
a single directory [ ie. mangle the path names into file names ] would
make it rather more likely to be contiguous on disk too which might be
nice:

~/.evolution/mail/summaries/local-Inbox-suse-kernel.db # etc. ;-)

I still think relocating folders.db is a better option, since it would
work for everyone without necessitating an upgrade.

Sounds best to me, if we can do it that is.

Regards,

Michael.

--
michael.meeks@xxxxxxxxxx <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot