Re: [opensuse-gnome] Evolution 2.22 for Factory
  • From: Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 18:06:57 +0100

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 00:40 -0500, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:
Note 2: If you ran the newer version of Evolution previously, you should
delete the sqlite database it creates before reverting to the old one -
otherwise it will think the sqlite database is an mbox and try to index
it, which will cause errors. Delete ~/.evolution/mail/local/folders.db*.

That - is really bad. Can we not name our db in some way that this
doesn't happen ? is there really no solution here ? if not, why are
these databases in a place where older versions get confused & start
doing stupid things ? - can we not put them somewhere else ?

Switching between versions, should work right ?

HTH,

Michael.

--
michael.meeks@xxxxxxxxxx <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot