[opensuse-gnome] Evolution 2.22 for Factory
  • From: Hans Petter Jansson <hpj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 00:40:47 -0500
I've opened an Evolution 2.22 repo and made it build on Factory, so
those of us who depend on Evo to get work done but are running into
showstoppers in 2.23/2.24 can keep using the old one and still dogfood
the rest of the distro:

BS project: home:hpjansson:evolution-2.22

Note 1: It fakes the newer soversion of /usr/lib/libedataserver.so by
just creating a .11.so link to it. This makes all kinds of apps that are
linked with the newer version start up successfully (I haven't run into
any problems caused by this yet, but it might still happen, so just be
aware - I didn't check to see what symbols changed).

Note 2: If you ran the newer version of Evolution previously, you should
delete the sqlite database it creates before reverting to the old one -
otherwise it will think the sqlite database is an mbox and try to index
it, which will cause errors. Delete ~/.evolution/mail/local/folders.db*.
Apart from that, reverting had no ill effects for me - calendar,
addressbook and mailboxes are still there and contain the old data.

[ Disclaimer: Always keep recent backups of your data. ]

--
Hans Petter