Re: [opensuse-gnome] Moving branded desktop icons to desktop-data-openSUSE
  • From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:54:04 +0200
On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 13:34 -0500, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
Hi, Stanislav,

I'm working on a patch to let sysadmins define desktop icons to be shown
in users' desktops. We can also use this to set up our branded desktop
icons ("Online Help", "openSUSE") without special stuff
in /usr/bin/gnome.

I want to move those .desktop files from our gnome-session package into
desktop-data-openSUSE. We can install them in a new
directory, /usr/share/desktop-icons.

I would also need to change a GConf default for the new
key /apps/nautilus/desktop/predefined_item_dir to point it to that
directory.

My question is how to set/unset that default. Can I just put this in
the specfile?

gconftool-2
--direct--config-source=xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults \
--type string --set /apps/nautilus/desktop/predefined_items_dir
/usr/share/desktop-icons

Plus the corresponding --unset for uninstallation time.

look at the gconf2-brandinf-openSUSE package, it's got a macro to do
this (%gconfsomething), so just, if Stanislav doesn't say differently,
set the values you want as defaults in that package.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@xxxxxxxxxx>