[opensuse-gnome] Moving branded desktop icons to desktop-data-openSUSE
  • From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 13:34:16 -0500
Hi, Stanislav,

I'm working on a patch to let sysadmins define desktop icons to be shown
in users' desktops. We can also use this to set up our branded desktop
icons ("Online Help", "openSUSE") without special stuff
in /usr/bin/gnome.

I want to move those .desktop files from our gnome-session package into
desktop-data-openSUSE. We can install them in a new
directory, /usr/share/desktop-icons.

I would also need to change a GConf default for the new
key /apps/nautilus/desktop/predefined_item_dir to point it to that
directory.

My question is how to set/unset that default. Can I just put this in
the specfile?

gconftool-2 --direct--config-source=xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults
\
--type string --set /apps/nautilus/desktop/predefined_items_dir
/usr/share/desktop-icons

Plus the corresponding --unset for uninstallation time.

Thanks,

Federico